Wedding Photo Checklist: Must Have Shots
In the days and years that follow your big day, you’ll find that your wedding photos become some of your most treasured possessions! A valuable, sentimental reminder of one of the most special days of your life, we hope our essential checklist will help to ensure you get all the shots you want in your Manor Mews wedding album.
On the morning of your wedding, your photographer will have a wonderful opportunity to take lovely photographs of Manor Mews and the barn interior before guests arrive. It’s also great to capture the excitement of the preparations for the big day, as flowers arrive and the bride spends time getting ready with her bridesmaids.
- Your wedding invitation
- Your bridal flowers, buttonholes and corsages
- Outfits, shoes and accessories
- Bridal party getting ready and having fun
- The bride putting on her dress and veil
- The bride with her bouquet
- Portraits of the bridal party
- Any wedding transport
- Guests, the bridal party and the groom and groomsmen arriving at Manor Mews
Saying ‘I do’
Of course, you’ll want to take plenty of beautiful shots of the ceremony itself, from pretty pew end decorations to the moment the bride and groom set eyes on each other and that special first kiss.
- The barn doors and any floral arrangements
- Interior and exterior shots of the barn before guests arrive
- The groom and his groomsmen waiting at the front of the aisle
- The bride’s arrival and entrance down the aisle
- The exchanging of vows
- The first kiss
- Reactions from guests
- Signing the register
- Walking back down the aisle
The Drinks Reception
After the ceremony has taken place, your photographer will take photos of guests enjoying drinks and canapés, either in the barn or in the pretty garden at Manor Mews. This is also the opportunity to capture some photographs of the happy couple and any group shots.
- Portraits of the newlyweds in the garden at Manor Mews
- Group shots of the bridal party, again in the garden at Manor Mews
- Informal shots of guests eating, drinking and chatting
- Close up images of drinks and canapés
Time to Dine
Ideally, your photographer will have taken photos of the decorated barn before you and your guests move in to dine. As you enjoy your wedding breakfast, he or she will discreetly capture lovely shots of guests laughing, chatting and enjoying themselves. And, of course, you’ll want to remember those all-important speeches and toasts.
- The barn and beautifully decorated tables before guests sit down to eat
- Detail shots of the favours, centrepieces, table numbers, seating plan and wedding cake
- The toasts and speeches
- Cutting the cake
As day turns to evening, chat to your photographer about capturing the mood of the dancefloor with fun-filled photographs. You might even include props such as sparklers. And, of course, don’t forget to take a few images of any delicious evening food.
- The first dance
- Lively ‘action’ shots as guests enjoy dancing in the barn
- Musicians / band / DJ
- The finale – perhaps a ‘sparkler’ exit as the happy couple leave the barn
If you have yet to visit Manor Mews, we would love to show you all we have to offer. Simply call our friendly team on 01485 528508 or contact us online.